August 6, 2009
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, vanilla, eggs and melted butter.
Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
Heat a lightly greased griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend.
Stir until it's just blended together. Do not overmix!
Scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/3 cup for each pancake.
Cook on both sides until golden brown.
Serve with butter, syrup, or fruit preserves.
Oh these are good! I got the recipe from Short Stop and although it is a tad more involved than the recipe I have been using, the difference in taste makes this one worth it.
I top mine with fresh fruit when I have it.

